For all requests regarding press, please contact Coebergh Communicatie & PR.
- All requests regarding press, please contact:
Coebergh Communicatie & PR
The PLANET 21 program
With PLANET 21, AccorHotels has made 21 commitments in favour of sustainable development. Intrinsically linked to sustainable development, the name PLANET 21 refers to Agenda 21, the action plan adopted by 173 Heads of State at the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro.
- It also echoes the urgent need to focus efforts in the 21st century to change our production and consumption patterns with the goal of protecting our planet, its people and their environment. Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam meets the Planet 21 Gold performance level
- In today’s uncertain world, where food-related, hygiene and environmental threats abound, AccorHotels provide guests and employees with a healthy environment and a haven of tranquility.
- • Balanced dishes served in the restaurants
- • Eco-friendly cleaning products for cleaning rooms
To protect the environment, AccorHotels is reducing its water use and recycling its waste. In addition, the Group has already planted three million trees as part of a global reforestation project supported by the United Nations.
- • Reuse of towels suggested to guests
- • Faucets fitted with water flow regulators
- • Recycling of batteries*
- • Recycling of paper and cardboard *
- • Recycling of glass*
- • Recycling of food waste for compost or energy
- • Equipped with rainwater recovery systems.
- • Certified sustainable paper for hotel printing purposes
- • Use eco-friendly gardening products
*sorting carried out at the hotel
Caused mainly by the burning of fossil energies, CO2 is one of the greenhouse gases most responsible for climate change. AccorHotels is committed to reducing its energy consumption with the goal of limiting its carbon footprint.
- • Energy-saving light bulbs in the reception areas
- • Energy-saving light bulbs in the rooms
- • Central switch in rooms for greater comfort and energy savings
- • Double glazed monumental windows to reduce energy emission
- • Equipped with a timer for common area air conditioning
- By fully integrating sustainable development into its operating procedures and offers, AccorHotels is responding proactively to emerging customer expectations and supporting the development of new business models, making PLANET 21 the crucible for the hospitality industry of the future.
- • HVAC control system
- • Automated power supply in rooms activated by the key card
- • We offer our guests bikes or electric scooters
Firmly rooted in its host communities, AccorHotels contributes directly to their economic development, which it shares, and protects what is most precious, yet so vulnerable: their children and the natural ecosystems in which the hotels are located.
- • Protecting children through training on sex tourism
- • Local food products promoted in the restaurant
- • No endangered seafood to appear on our restaurant menus
- • Training on responsible actions toward the environment
- • Sustainable trade products offered in the hotel
- • Supports different local projects organized by the Amsterdam department of the Dutch Red Cross with the emphasize on social welfare.
AccorHotels’ robust expansion is underpinned by the extraordinary social, cultural and professional diversity of its 170,000 employees. The Group is committed to helping them to expand their skills and responsibilities with the goal of offering them motivating, rewarding careers and enhancing their employability.
- • Organize an employee opinion survey every two years
- • Training session for employees
- Through its commitments to franchisees and suppliers, AccorHotels is engaging partners in its sustainable development strategy and integrating them into the responsibility chain.
Positive effects of responsible tourism are a major benefit for the environment.
Find out more on
We are continuously working on our service level and the quality of our hotel and restaurant. We see these awards and nominations as signs that we are on the right path
(Remco Groenhuijzen, General Manager).
- Hotel of the Year Awards – Best Hotel Netherlands 2015
- World Luxury Hotel Awards – Best Luxury Historical Hotel in the Netherlands 2015
- Prestigious Star Awards
- Most Prestigious Meeting Venue 2015
- World Travel Awards: Netherlands' Leading Business Hotel
- Expedia Insiders’ Select 2015
- Tripadvisor Hall of Fame Certificate of Excellence Award
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice 2015 Winner
- Most Cozy Terrace of Amsterdam
- Smart Meetings Platinum Choice Winner 2014
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice 2014 Winner
- World Luxury Hotel Awards - Best Luxury Suite Hotel in Europe
- Prestigious Star Awards - Most Prestigious Meeting Venue 2014
- World Travel Awards - Netherlands’ Leading Hotel and Netherlands’ Leading Hotel Residences
- Trivago – Best congreshotel of Amsterdam
- Booking.com - 2014 Award of Excellence
- Michelinster voor Restaurant Bridges
- Prix Villégiature Awards 2013 - Best service in a hotel in Europe
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice 2013 Winner
- Top 25 Hotels in The Netherlands
- Top 20 Luxury Hotels in The Netherlands
- Top 25 Hotels for Service in The Netherlands
- Award for the cleanest hotel of The Netherlands 2013 / 2014
- Tripadvisor - Bridges Certificate of Excellence 2013
- The Prestigious Star Awards - The Most Prestigious Hotel
- World Travel Award - Netherlands Leading Hotel
- World Luxury Hotel Awards - Best Luxury Spa Hotel 2013
- Villegiature Awards - Best floral decoration in a hotel in Europe
- World Luxury Hotel Awards - Most luxurious hotel of The Netherlands
- World Luxury Spa Awards - Best Luxury Hotel Spa
- Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
- Top 25 hotels in Northern Europe 2012
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award - Top 25 Luxury Hotels NL
- Expedia Insiders’ Select - Number 1 of Netherlands Luxury Hotel
- The Golden Green Key - Certificate for environmental responsibility
- Hotels.com – Runner up Best Hotel of The Netherlands