For all requests regarding press, please contact Coebergh Communicatie & PR.
- All requests regarding press, please contact:
Coebergh Communicatie & PR
Press Clippings & Articles
Read press clippings of recent news articles published about Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam.
We are very happy to introduce to you the latest addition to our Legendary Services: the Little Queen Elizabeth. Our very own saloon boat dates back to 1915 and is hence a floating monument. The boat has been entirely restored and is now equipped with all the latest equipment. She has her own jetty right in front of the hotel and sets sail every morning at 10.00 for a one hour cruise.
You can also rent the Little Queen Elizabeth for private boat tours and enjoy the delicacies of Restaurant Bridges on the water!
This weekend the fifth Stars, Food & Art culinary event took place at the Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam hotel. Culinary journalist and author Lise Goeman Borgesius brought together no fewer than twelve nationally and internationally renowned chefs, with 26 Michelin stars between them, to prepare their 'signature dish' in the kitchen of professional chef Aurélien Poirot. The theme for the anniversary was 'Best Of' and it was attended by a selection of the most popular chefs from recent years.
We are honoured that we're once again included in the Special Bite Annual Guide. This guide gives a representation of the 501 most extraordinary restaurants in The Netherlands. Not only have we been choses to the 6th best restaurant of Amsterdam, but also as one of the best fishrestaurants in The Netherlands.
The World Luxury Hotel Awards are accepted as the pinnacle of achievement for Luxury Hotels worldwide. This Award was established as a celebration of ultimate achievement in hoteliering. It is about congratulating hotels that have taken the extra step & such differentiated themselves from "good hotels" to "exceptional hotels".
The Grand Amsterdam, Sofitel Legend voted 'Netherlands' Leading Hotel 2011 "by World Travel Awards.
Nominees included Druin & Kruidberg Country Estate, Amrath Grand Hotel, Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin, The College Hotel and The Dylan Amsterdam.
In feestelijke sfeer tijdens Fête de la Musique
Na een verbouwing van ruim twee jaar en een totale investering van 46 miljoen euro, opende General manager Robert-Jan Woltering dinsdag 21 juni officieel 'Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam'. Dit gebeurde tijdens de viering van het jaarlijkse Franse muziekfestival Fête de la Musique. Franse chansons, champagne en canapés maakten de avond onvergetelijk. De heer Denis Hennequin, CEO en voorzitter van Accor, en de heer Robert Gaymore-Jones, CEO van Sofitel Worldwide, waren bij de feestelijke opening aanwezig.
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam – On the ranking of the bookingsite Expedia can we find The Grand in Amsterdam in the top 500.
Misset Hotel 10/05/2011
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam – Europe's first Sofitel Legend branded hotel - has won the coveted Villegiature Award for Best Hotel Interior Design in Europe 2010...
Travel Blackboard 02/10/2010
Since 1578 hotel Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers five star luxury in a unique Amsterdam, historical ambiance. Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite and royal brides to famous international movie stars ...
Luxury Travel Magazine online
BExquisite is one of those words that frequently gets bandied about, often undeservedly. But it can justifiably be applied to Bridges ...
Time Out Amsterdam 01/04/2010
We are continuously working on our service level and the quality of our hotel and restaurant. We see these awards and nominations as signs that we are on the right path
(Remco Groenhuijzen, General Manager).
- Prestigious Star Awards - Most Prestigious Meeting Venue 2015
- World Travel Awards: Netherlands' Leading Business Hotel
- Expedia Insiders’ Select 2015
- Tripadvisor Hall of Fame Certificate of Excellence Award
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice 2015 Winner
- Most Cozy Terrace of Amsterdam
- Smart Meetings Platinum Choice Winner 2014
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice 2014 Winner
- World Luxury Hotel Awards - Best Luxury Suite Hotel in Europe
- Prestigious Star Awards - Most Prestigious Meeting Venue 2014
- World Travel Awards - Netherlands’ Leading Hotel and Netherlands’ Leading Hotel Residences
- Trivago – Best congreshotel of Amsterdam
- Booking.com - 2014 Award of Excellence
- Michelinster voor Restaurant Bridges
- Prix Villégiature Awards 2013 - Best service in a hotel in Europe
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice 2013 Winner
- Top 25 Hotels in The Netherlands
- Top 20 Luxury Hotels in The Netherlands
- Top 25 Hotels for Service in The Netherlands
- Award for the cleanest hotel of The Netherlands 2013 / 2014
- Tripadvisor - Bridges Certificate of Excellence 2013
- The Prestigious Star Awards - The Most Prestigious Hotel
- World Travel Award - Netherlands Leading Hotel
- World Luxury Hotel Awards - Best Luxury Spa Hotel 2013
- Villegiature Awards - Best floral decoration in a hotel in Europe
- World Luxury Hotel Awards - Most luxurious hotel of The Netherlands
- World Luxury Spa Awards - Best Luxury Hotel Spa
- Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
- Top 25 hotels in Northern Europe 2012
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award - Top 25 Luxury Hotels NL
- Expedia Insiders’ Select - Number 1 of Netherlands Luxury Hotel
- The Golden Green Key - Certificate for environmental responsibility
- Hotels.com – Runner up Best Hotel of The Netherlands