The Grand serves the best Afternoon Tea in Amsterdam. Luxurious, elegant– and perfect every day.
- A choice of several varieties of tea, freshly baked scones, jam and clotted cream and a range of delicate pastries, combine to make for an unforgettable afternoon.
Butler Service is provided to the dedicated guest from the moment the reservation is being made. The butler service offers exclusive services such as preparing the suite according to the wishes of the guest, a personalized rooming, unpacking and packing of suitcases, presenting of 'pillow menus' and 'bath rituals' and in room dining, giving a new dimension in the delivery of an unforgettable experience.
- The butler provides a unique and direct line between the guest and the services offered by the hotel, as in rentals of cars and limousines, bicycles and chariots, laundry and shoe polishing, reservations in restaurants and clubs, excursions and tours, anything to make the stay in our hotel the most comfortable and memorable as possible.
Daily Hotel Tour
Discover The Grand by taking a private tour throughout the hotel and learn all about the rich national Dutch history from Convent to City hall, from Admiralty to Legendary hotel.
- We offer guided tours explaining the functions, working methods and composition of The Grand, as well as the history and architecture of the hotel building and surroundings.
- We would like to welcome you in the library on the ground floor, opposite to the reception shortly before 10:00 AM. The tour commences at 10:00 AM sharp and will take 20 minutes. In order to register for the tour you can contact the Guest Relations department.
Flowers add beauty to any thoughtful occasion and grace to every special event. The Floral Boutique, situated on the ground floor, creates floral arrangements, bouquets and special gift baskets which can be ordered and delivered directly to the guest's room.
- If you are looking for something that is distinctly unique, you can customize your own personalized gift basket for that special someone.
Discover Amsterdam’s hidden treasure’s in a horse driven carriage through the historic inner city.
- Contact our Concierge for a 45 minute tour or a carriage-taxi drive to your favorite museum. Step up right here on our Courtyard!
- Carriages always air a sense of grandeur and history which is very complementary to our own legendary past.
The guests can enjoy:
- - A tour through the city
- - A picnic experience with culinary surprises
The 24-hour Room Service caters to those guests who wish to dine in privacy. Discover international cuisine and specialties while dining undisturbed.
- If a long day of meetings or touring the city has you in the mood to relax in the comfort of your room place an order from Room Service. This option is available 24 hours a day and features a variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner selections that will be delivered to your door quickly.
Romantic Private Dinners
Our unique Marriage Chamber First Class and its private balcony overlooking the garden terrace is the ultimate location to celebrate your wedding or anniversary in a lovely romantic setting.
- An intimate dinner. The Grand transforms into one of the most romantic places in Amsterdam. Step outside on to the balcony and you feel worlds away from everyday life as the night sky sparkles.
An exclusive breakfast experience on the balcony of the Marriage Chamber overlooking the beautiful award winning garden terrace surrounded by historical walls. "If only these walls could speak".
The Grand Bike Tours
The nicest and most Dutch way to explore Amsterdam is by bike! Pick up your bike at the Concierge and paddle along the canals to the Vondelpark and discover parts of Amsterdam, not accessible by bus or boat.
- - Regular rental
- - Specific tours
- - Picnic
The Grand Boat Tours
Amsterdam's breathtaking beauty can be best explored from the water. Enjoy an unforgettable private cruise on a classic saloon boat in or around Amsterdam. Sailing over the narrowest canals of the old Amsterdam area 'de Jordaan', through the heart of the red-light district with its canal-side houses.
- During the tour, guests have a choice of 8 languages, explaining the different places of interest en-route.
We offer valet parking 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Upon your arrival at The Grand, guests will be greeted by the most hospitable staff anywhere and receive a famous warm welcome.